Thursday, October 05, 2006

Back to the Lightwave

It wasn't easy going back into Lightwave and creating even a simple scene for my Delorean. But I did it and it looks better than a black background. The renders have finally finished and I can now post them. I read somewhere that you should create a prop lighting setup for the surfaces to reflect. I think it really helped the realism factor to see flourescent lights bouncing around. I'm sure there's more techniques to make it even more believable, but I think I'm gonna close the book with this one and stick with Maya from now on....if i can help it. I know they make for crappy cars but those movies had such an impact on me when i was younger.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marty Murphy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:41 PM

 
Blogger Marty Murphy said...

Looks much better and more grounded.

The stainless steel is not believable.

Do you have a global illumination on pass on this to help emphasize the details? Do you need to model in more details or change the shading on the darker areas?

Overall looking much better.

3:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home